Tender Blender Continuous Mixer
The Scott Tender Blend is a continuous process mixer that is designed to mix products with larger particle sizes such as pellets, flakes, whole or textured grains, making it ideal for many agricultural and food industry applications. The Tender Blend mixer is specifically designed to delicately process materials that must be mixed and yet not damaged during the mixing process.
The mixer is also ideal for combining liquids with coarse products as well as coating particles with a liquid addition system. Because of the unique design of the Tender Blend and the variations of RPM that can be accomplished in the design of the Tender Blend, the mixer is ideal for applications such as textured animal feed, pellet mill conditioner, flaked plastics, granulated fertilizers, textured or flaked food products.
- Uniquely designed agitators protect the integrity of
the product during the mixing process
- Adjustable retention times allow the mixing
production rate and retention time to be adjusted for varying product
- Carbon, stainless or a variety of other construction
materials with sanitary features also available
- Proportionately designed to have one minute of
retention time in the agricultural mixer with low agitation on the product to minimize
damage or product degradation during the processing of the materials
- The Tender Blend is available with optional full drop
bottom clean out doors
- Liquid addition systems can be supplied as an option
- A wide assortment of feeding devices can also be supplied in a system with the Tender Blend mixer
The standard design of the Tender Blend is to be used in a continuous application. In many cases, the unit will replace a batch mixer where the process can be modified to better suit a continuous process design.
Continuous Mixing Benefits
There are many applications where the continuous process works better than batch systems. When the following conditions exist, continuous mixing may be the best system.
- The number
of ingredients are limited. Two to six ingredients usually work very well.
- The product is produced in fairly long runs without
- The ingredients used in the product are in reasonably
large amounts. Micro ingredients may need to be diluted to increase the volume
used in the total mix.
- If the total process in the plant is continuous then
the mixing process should be evaluated.
- Because the continuous mixer is small and holds a small amount of material at one time, clean up is much easier.
Tender Blend Continuous Mixer Drive Assembly
Drive assembly in the Tender Blend Continuous Mixer, is standard AGMA Class II design with a wide variety of motor and motor control options available.
Tender Blend Continuous Mixer Agitator
The Tender Blend Continuous Mixer utilizes a combination paddle/ribbon agitator design. The paddle agitator design works in combination with the outside ribbon agitator to deliver a gentle, yet accurate mix. The paddles are adjustable to increase or decrease the intensity of the mix as well as the fill rate and retention time in the mixer.
Ribbon / Paddle Agitator Combo
- Combines the benefits of the paddle agitator design while simultaneously giving end-to-end mixing action of the ribbon mixer
- Designed to mix products with larger particle sizes such as pellets, flakes, whole or textured grains
- Agitators will protect the integrity of the product during the mixing process, specifically designed to delicately process materials that must be mixed and yet not damaged during the mixing process
Tender Blend Continuous Mixer Liquid Manifolds
Liquid addition systems can be supplied as an option to the Tender Blend Continuous Mixer. A liquid manifold can be mounted either externally or as a special spray chamber near the inlet of the mixer.